CPHR BC & Yukon works to support an increase in the knowledge, strategic capability and impact of the association’s members and increase the perceived importance and contribution of HR to the organization and economy.
Part of this work includes creating and partnering on various research articles, whitepapers and tools.
CPHR BC & Yukon Resources
CPHR BC & Yukon and CPHR Canada each provide resources to help you prepare for the National Knowledge Exam® (NKE).
CPHR BC & Yukon Prep Course
In this two-day workshop, participants review and discuss important HR theory for each functional dimension in the CPHR Competency Framework. Sample exam questions will be analyzed, enabling participants to identify knowledge gaps. Participants will have an opportunity to practice in a simulated exam setting and discuss techniques for passing. For details on course locations, dates and fees, please refer to CPHR BC & Yukon’s online calendar.
Online Prep Courses
The Captus Online NKE Prep Course is the only online learning course fully endorsed and recognized by CPHR BC & Yukon. If you’re looking to prepare to take the National Knowledge Exam, we recommend you invest in this online course. Read more about the important features of the NKE Prep Course from Captus.
Career Advancement Network
Available exclusively to CPHR BC & Yukon members, the Career Advancement Network (CAN) provides a networking forum for members who are in job transition, actively seeking employment or simply seeking to learn from other HR professionals. There are two separate components to CAN as follows:
The CAN Roundtables (available in select regions) are member-driven monthly meetings, chaired by members in those regions, that create an opportunity to meet, share ideas, learn new strategies and network with other like-minded members in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Find out more about CAN Roundtables by searching for them in our Calendar.
Members can promote themselves and their services to other CPHR BC & Yukon members and employers by posting short summaries of their career objectives and competencies on the CPHR BC & Yukon website.
- View CAN profiles
This information is searchable and viewable in the public domain on the Internet.
- Submit a CAN profile
Submissions are added to the CAN Profiles page within two weeks of receipt and remain live for three months unless removal is requested within this time. (Please ‘Enable Macros’ when prompted in the pop-up window to be able to fill out the check boxes on the form.)
Contact Member Services for more information.
CPHR Study Groups
CPHR BC & Yukon also provides access to study groups. These are a free resource and a great place to ask questions, compare study tips, and connect with people in your area. Study groups are self-directed and are not instructed sessions, but might be just the study aid you need! For details, please refer to CPHR BC & Yukon’s online calendar.
CPHR BC & Yukon Reads – recommended reading from CPHR BC & Yukon Members.
- Briefing Note – Economic Responses to COVID-19
- International Journal of HRD Practice, Policy & Research
- Human Capital – Four Priorities for Sustainable Economic Performance in Canada
- Survey – Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Workplaces in BC & Western Canada
- COVID-19 Returning to the Workplace Guide
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- COVID-19 Advice for Canadian Employers
- Creating People Advantage 2021 Survey – conducted by the World Federation of People Management Associations (WFPMA) and the Boston Consulting Group – Canada’s Results and Full Report.
- Compensation Survey of Human Resources Positions in British Columbia & Yukon – This survey, conducted by Western Compensation & Benefits Consultants for CPHR BC & Yukon, is available to members only. By clicking the above link you will be exiting the CPHR BC & Yukon website.
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Spring 2021) – Full Report, Summary or HR Insights
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Fall 2020) – Full Report, Summary or HR Insights
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Spring 2020) – Full Report, Summary or HR Insights
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Fall 2019) – Full Report, Summary or Hiring Confidence Index
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Spring 2019) – Hiring Confidence Index
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Fall 2018) – Full Report
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Spring 2018) – Full Report or Hiring Confidence Index
- HR Metrics Standards and Glossary
- HR Metrics Interpretation Guide
- Immigrant Talent Integration Guide: