CPHR BC & Yukon works to support an increase in the knowledge, strategic capability and impact of the association’s members and increase the perceived importance and contribution of HR to the organization and economy. Part of this work includes creating and partnering on various research articles, whitepapers and tools.
NEW! The HR Toolkit, a catalogue of forms, templates and checklists that can be downloaded, referenced and utilized, is available free to CPHR BC & Yukon members.
A few examples of the forms available in the HR Toolkit include a sample offer letter, self-appraisal worksheet for performance review, HR policy implementation checklist, employee vacation request form, health and safety orientation checklist and much more. Find out more.
Articles, Views and Issues
- Is Canada Due for Pension Reform?
- Minimum Wage – Should British Columbia Adapt?
- What’s on the Minds of BC’s HR Leaders?
- Where is HR?
HR executives comprise a small fraction of today’s corporate board composition. What are you doing about it?
- CPHR BC & Yukon Reads – recommended reading from CPHR BC & Yukon Members.
- Demystifying Technology in the Workplace Executive Summary
- Demystifying Technology in the Workplace
- Misfire: The 2012 Ministry of Health Employment Terminations and Related Matters (Office of the Ombudsperson)
- Generational Differences in the Workplace
- Vigilant Victims: Identifying and Breaking the Cycle of Discrimination
- The Roles of Human Resources in Organizational Crisis Management
- Work/Life (Im)balance
- Embedding Coaching Skills in the Workplace
- Build Your Creative Performance
- The Role of Job Embeddedness on Employee Performance
- The Best and the Rest: Revisiting the Norm of Normality of Individual Performance
- How to Increase the Retention of Good Performers While Encouraging Poor Performers to Leave the Organization
- Key Results Briefing – Organizational Change & Re‐structuring
- Key Results Briefing – Building a Workforce for the Future
- The Impact of Forced Layoffs: avoid the negative consequences of laying off staff
- Why People Stay in Their Jobs: New Perspectives on Employee Retention
- The Impact of Trust on Organizational Performance
- Compensation Survey of Human Resources Positions in British Columbia & Yukon – This survey, conducted by Western Compensation & Benefits Consultants for CPHR BC & Yukon, is available to members only.
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Fall 2018) – Full Report
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Spring 2018) – Full Report or Hiring Confidence Index
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Fall 2017) – Full Report, Summary or Hiring Confidence Index
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Spring 2017) – Full Report, Summary or Hiring Confidence Index
- National Salary Survey (Winter 2016) – BC and Yukon Summary
- Western Canada HR Trends Report (Fall 2016) – Full Report, Summary, or Hiring Confidence Index
- British Columbia and Yukon HR Trends Report (Spring 2016) – Full Report or Summary
- HR Q&A – Looking Ahead to 2016
- HR Trends in BC – 2014 Survey Report
- HR Trends in BC – 2013 Survey Report
- HR Trends in BC – 2012 Survey Report
- HR Trends in BC – 2011 Survey Report
- HR Trends in BC – 2010 Survey Report
- HR Trends in BC – 2009 Survey Report
- HR Trends in BC – 2008 Survey Report
- Human Capital Metrics Trends 2009 Survey Report
- Human Capital Metrics Trends 2008 Survey Report
- Career Path Tool
- HR Metrics Standards and Glossary
- HR Metrics Interpretation Guide
- HR Toolkit
- Immigrant Talent Integration Guide
- Ahead of the Talent Curve: Ensuring BC’s Competitive Edge
(Also available in digital magazine format on ppforum.ca.)
- Integrated Reporting and Human Capital: Next Steps for the Private and Public Sectors in BC
- HR Responses to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- Outplacement Practices in B.C. 2009