CPHR BC & Yukon is connected to several post-secondary institutions throughout the province which offer academic programs/studies in human resources management. CPHR BC & Yukon student members use this connection to support their educational pursuits toward a career in the human resources.
- Check out the academic institutions in BC offering human resources programs.
- Learn how students can save over 75% on a CPHR BC & Yukon membership.
- Find out about the New Graduate membership rate.
At CPHR BC & Yukon, there are eight regions throughout BC and the Yukon which have an Advisory Council and a Post Secondary Liaison whose role is to develop relationships with the regions’ post-secondary institutions. Through these strong links the student membership flourishes and programs and services are developed to support our future HR professionals.
Student Ambassadors, who are members of CPHR BC & Yukon, may be appointed to foster the relationships between the institution’s students, faculty, staff and CPHR BC & Yukon. These roles are typically available at the end of the school year in preparation for the next year. This provides an excellent opportunity for our student members to get involved with their professional association.
Student Events and Programs
CPHR BC & Yukon undertakes and supports many post-secondary events and programs across BC. These vary from region to region and may include:
- HR Cafés or HR Industry Expos – speak directly with HR professionals about what it is like in their job and how they got there
- On-campus HR Clubs – student-lead HR groups
- Case Competitions – CPHR BC & Yukon has partnered with CPHR Alberta on HRC West – Western Canada’s premier HR case competition. CPHR BC & Yukon also supports business competitions such as Excalibur and Jeux du Commerce (JDC) West as well as the teams attending them.
- Job Shadowing – join a HR professional on the job for a day (limited availability). Currently available in the Okanagan area.
- KPU/CPHR BC & Yukon Connections for Emerging Professionals – The CEP program is designed to assist fourth year Kwantlen students in their learning and, ultimately, in launching their careers.
Scholarships & Bursaries
CPHR BC & Yukon supports several annual scholarships and bursaries throughout the province. The size of the award, nature and terms of reference vary from region to region and school to school. The following are the current awards in each region:
- Capilano University
- University of British Columbia
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Simon Fraser University
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Northern BC
- Scholarship open to students at CNC and all other institutions in Northern BC.
- Okanagan College
- Scholarship open to students at UBCO and all other institutions in the Southern Interior.
- Camosun College
Contact your regional Member Relations Manager for more information.