Chartered Professionals
in Human Resources

Transfer from or to Another Province

CPHR Canada requires that Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHRTM) designation holders maintain membership in CPHR BC & Yukon or the association responsible for CPHR certification in their province of residence. When a member moves to another province, they are required to become a member of the association in their new province of residence.

An official Confirmation of Good Standing must be submitted to CPHR BC & Yukon prior to the change in residence. CPHR BC & Yukon will forward the transfer form to the new association which will complete the CPHR holder’s enrolment as a professional member in their province. A transfer fee is payable to CPHR BC & Yukon.

Persons holding the CPHR designation that move into BC are required to apply for membership concurrent to the transfer of their designation from their former provincial associations. Provincial memberships are non-transferable. Please note that any lapse in membership longer than 60 days between the expiry of a former provincial membership and gaining membership in CPHR BC & Yukon may result in the revocation of the transferee’s designation. CPHR Membership Application Form


  • When a CPHR BC & Yukon member holding the CPHR designation resides in another province for a limited time while maintaining their residency in BC.
  • When a CPHR BC & Yukon member holding the CPHR designation resides outside of Canada.
  • When a CPHR BC & Yukon member is relocating to Ontario, a $25 transfer fee and HRPA Confirmation of Good Standing form are required.