After the exam registration deadline has past, exam fees are non-refundable. You cannot cancel your exam registration, you must defer to the next exam sitting. If you choose not to defer, you will be considered a “no show” for the exam and you will forfeit your exam fee.
- Prior to the exam registration deadline – you may choose to either cancel your exam registration or defer to the next examination date.
- Up to the registration deadline – you may defer to the next sitting at no cost.
- Between the registration deadline and 30 days prior – you may defer to the next sitting but will be charged a deferral fee of $100 + GST.
- Between 30 days and 7 days prior to the exam – you may defer to the next sitting but will be charged a deferral fee of $200 + GST, except in cases of illness or bereavement (official verification required). CPHR BC & Yukon will review the application and determine whether you qualify based on illness, bereavement or other special circumstances.
- Within 7 calendar days of the exam date – deferrals are not allowed unless there is verified proof of extenuating circumstances such as serious illness or loss of immediate family. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible should such a situation arise. Cancellations within 7 calendar days of the exam date for any other reason are considered to be no-shows and the full exam fee will be forfeited.
If you wish to defer writing the exam, you must submit a CPHRTM Exam Deferral Form. Once your application for deferral has been approved, you will be registered for the next exam sitting.
Registrants who defer to a future sitting and then cancel their registration any time prior to this sitting will forfeit their initial exam fee plus any deferral fee paid.
A maximum of two deferrals are allowed before the CPHRTM application process is terminated. Membership fees are non-refundable.