HR Professional of the Year
This award recognizes exemplary HR professionals who contribute by improving their organization’s bottom line, achieving business results, developing innovative and sustainable programs, as well as demonstrating leadership and commitment to the HR Profession.
Nominations for CPHR BC & Yukon’s 2021 Professional Awards are now closed.
Award Sponsored by:
- Be a CPHR BC & Yukon member in good standing at the time of nomination.
- Hold their CPHR or be a CPHR Candidate at the time of nomination. See the pathways to the CPHR designation for details.
- Work in British Columbia or Yukon or work for an organization with established operations in British Columbia or Yukon in a role that is a part of the organization’s HR function in British Columbia or Yukon.
- Consent in writing to the nomination and publication of both name and photo in connection with the CPHR BC & Yukon Award of Excellence – HR Professional of the Year
- Be available to attend the awards celebration on May 11 and 12, 2021. Finalists may be asked to appear onstage/on camera and address the audience during the award celebration.
- Award finalists will be given one non-transferable complimentary ticket to attend the 2021 HR Conference & Expo.
The judging process for the HR Professional of the Year is broken down into three separate stages.
- Stage One – Preliminary nominations are reviewed by the award committee panel who selects nominees to move to the 2nd stage of review. During this stage, nominators will be contacted by an award committee member to discuss their nominee’s work. (December 2020 – February 2021)
- Stage Two – Nominees who progress to stage two will then be required to submit supplemental information to support their nomination. This may include a resume, letters of support, vision statement, project documents with quantitative results, and other relevant information. (February 2021 – March 2021)
- Stage Three – The award committee will then review the supplemental information and put forward up to three nominees to the judging committee where an award recipient will be selected. Nominees who progress to stage three will be considered official ‘finalists’ and will be promoted as such, including the production of a short presentation. (March 2021 – May 2021)
Award recipients will be announced live on May 11 and 12, 2021.
The CPHR BC & Yukon Award of Excellence – HR Professional of the Year requires a demonstrated level of accomplishment in each of three different areas.
- Leadership – The nominee demonstrates leadership and vision in championing people practices and motivating others to effect positive change, is a role model, and shares their knowledge and experience with others.
- Organizational Impact/Accomplishments – The nominee frequently champions change in the pursuit of innovation, continuous improvement, strategic advantage and sustainability for the organization.
- Commitment to the HR Profession – While serving as an ambassador for the organization, the nominee is involved in activities that contribute to the HR community and profession as well as being focused on their own professional development and growth.
The distinguished judging committee will comprise of CPHR BC & Yukon Board Members, past award recipients/finalists, senior human resources professionals and consultants with insight and experience in initiatives and people practices programs.
Terms and Conditions
- Both CPHR BC & Yukon members and non-members are encouraged to be a nominator.
- Nominations are accepted for HR Professionals in all sectors, including public, private, and not-for-profit.
- If a nominator does not directly work with the nominee, a secondary nominator within the organization must second the nomination.
- Self-nominations cannot be made in this category.
- The CPHR BC & Yukon award committee reserves the right to check the nominee’s references and to confirm the accuracy of the information provided in the nomination package.
- There is no fee to submit a nomination; however, award finalists are responsible for any travel costs related to their participation in the awards program.
Benefits for Award Recipients
The recipient of the Award of Excellence – HR Professional of the Year category will receive:
- Public recognition at the HR Conference & Expo 2021.
- Recognition in PeopleTalk.
- Recognition and congratulations in CPHR BC & Yukon communication channels.
- An invitation to sit on the Award Judging Committee for a future year.
Interested in previous award recipients? Refer to the Award Recipient Archive.
Please contact the award manager for more information and for an opportunity to discuss with an Awards Committee Member before you submit a nomination.