HR Professional of the Year
This award recognizes exemplary HR individuals who contribute by improving their organization’s bottom line, achieving business results, demonstrating leadership or developing innovative programs.
Nominations for the 2018 HR Professional of the Year will be accepted in Fall 2017.
- Be a CPHR BC & Yukon member in good standing at the time of nomination.
- Nominees must either hold their CPHRTM or be a CPHR Candidate. Information about the new pathways to the CPHR designation can be found here.
- Work in British Columbia/Yukon or work for an organization with established operations in British Columbia/Yukon.
- Consent in writing to the nomination and publication of both name and photo in connection with the CPHR BC & Yukon HR Professional of the Year
- Be available to attend the awards celebration at the CPHR BC & Yukon annual conference, on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018. You may be asked to appear onstage and address the audience during the award celebration.
- Award finalists will be given one complimentary ticket to attend the full two day conference.
The judging process for the HR Professional of the Year is broken down into three separate stages.
- Stage One – Preliminary nominations are reviewed by the award committee panel who selects nominees to move to the 2nd stage of review. During this stage, nominators will be contacted by an award committee member to discuss their nominee’s work. (December 2017 – January 2018)
- Stage Two – Nominees who make it to stage two will then be required to submit some supplemental information to support their nomination. This may include a resume, letters of support, secondary information to support information in the original nomination. (January 2018 – February 2018)
- Stage Three – The award committee will then review the supplemental information and put forth the top 3 nominees to the judging committee where a winner will be selected. Nominees who make it to stage three will be considered official ‘finalists’ and will be promoted as such, including the production of a short video to be shown at the Award Celebration Lunch (February 2018 – May 2018)
Award recipients will be announced live at the CPHR BC & Yukon annual conference Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018 in Vancouver, BC.
The CPHR BC & Yukon Award of Excellence – HR Professional of the Year requires a demonstrated level of accomplishment in three different areas. While the nominee may excel in one or more of the areas, a demonstrated accomplishment in all three is required to receive the award.
- Leadership – The nominee demonstrates leadership and vision in championing people practices and motivating others to effect positive change, is a role model, and shares their knowledge and experience with others.
- Organizational Impact/Accomplishments – The nominee frequently champions change in the pursuit of continuous improvement and strategic advantage for the organization.
- Commitment to the HR Profession – While serving as an ambassador for the organization, the nominee is involved in activities that contribute to the HR community and profession as well as being focused on their own professional development and growth.
The distinguished judging committee will be comprised of CPHR BC & Yukon Board Members, past recipients, senior human resources practitioners and consultants with insight and experience in initiatives and people practices programs.
Terms and Conditions
- Both CPHR BC & Yukon members and non-members are encouraged to be a nominator.
- Nominations are accepted from public or private sector individuals.
- If a nominator does not directly work with the nominee, a secondary nominator within the organization must second the nomination.
- Self-nominations cannot be made in this category.
- The CPHR BC & Yukon award committee reserves the right to check the nominee’s references and to confirm the accuracy of the information provided in the nomination package.
- There is no fee to submit a nomination; however, award finalists are responsible for any travel costs related to their participation in the awards program.
Benefits for Award Recipients
The recipient of the Award of Excellence – HR Professional of the Year category will receive:
- Public recognition at CPHR BC & YK’s 2018 award celebration.
- Recognition in the HRVoice e-newsletter which reaches more than 5,700 members.
- Exposure in PeopleTalk magazine – mention in a post conference article.
- Recognition and congratulations in outside media publications.