CPHR BC & Yukon is a provincial association divided into eight geographical areas to maximize our ability to address the needs of our membership and to create an efficient and effective model to offer services and networking opportunities. Regional breakdowns and contact information for local Advisory Councils:
- Central Interior
- Coastal Vancouver
- Greater Vancouver
- Fraser Valley
- Southern Interior
- Vancouver Island
For regional breakdowns, please refer to Regional Breakdown By Community.
Each of the eight regions listed above is represented by an Advisory Council, who works closely with a Member Relations Manager, and is committed to the delivery of member services as identified through the strategic and operational goals of the association.
Advisory Council Expressions of Interest
If you are interested in joining your regional Advisory Council for 2019, Expressions of Interest are being received now until November 9, 2018.
The purpose of an Advisory Council is to combine the skills and talents of CPHR BC & Yukon members and staff to:
- Align regional initiatives with the overall strategic direction of the provincial Association.
- Identify and meet the needs of local members by ensuring Association services are tailored to meet any regional needs, while striving to achieve a provincially consistent member experience.
- Act as a conduit of information between the members and the Association to consistently deliver effective member services.
- Enhance the growth of the CPHR BC & Yukon and the membership within the geographic regions.
- Interface with business and local community to increase the profile of both the Association and the human resources profession.
Each Advisory Council is comprised of an executive and eight portfolios.
- Chair – leads the regional Advisory Council to fulfill the mandate of CPHR BC & Yukon. Plays a key role in planning, implementing and evaluating initiatives in their region.
- Vice-Chair – is the Past or Incoming Chair. Assists the Chair. Acts as a Mentor/Coach for first year Advisory Council members.
- CPHR BC & Yukon Member Relations Manager – responsible for the regional delivery of all CPHR BC & Yukon programs and services to the membership and relevant community stakeholders. Works to maximize member value, enhance membership growth and raise the profile of the Association, the CPHR designation and the HR profession.
- Awards – Support the promotion of the CPHR BC & Yukon provincial awards program by creating awareness of awards program and nomination procedure/information.
- CPHR & Professional Development – Contribute to the identification of member development needs. Assists with the provision of products and services to meet identified needs.
- Communications – identify opportunities and implement plans to raise the profile and build on the credibility of CPHR BC & Yukon, CPHR and the HR profession to members and the general business community.
- Membership – Support the execution and development of initiatives to increase membership through the combination of new member recruitment, orientation and member engagement activities.
- Mentoring – Provide on-going support to the program participants in the CPHR BC & Yukon Professional Mentoring Program.
- Networking – Create and work with others in the delivery of opportunities that allow for meaningful connection, information sharing, celebration and recognition.
- Post Secondary Liaison – Promote the profession of HR to students and encourage students to connect with the HR community.
- Volunteering – Work with AC member to create meaningful volunteer opportunities for members. Recruit place, and retain volunteers to support program and service delivery in the region.
All Advisory Council volunteers are expected to:
- be a CPHR BC & Yukon member in good standing.
- make a commitment to the council for at least one year.
- attend monthly meetings and a variety of regional events.
- actively participate in the Council’s initiatives by leading and supporting a team of volunteers to meet their portfolio requirements.
To learn more about CPHR BC & Yukon in your region, please contact your local Advisory Council or Member Relations Manager by clicking on your region above.