The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon CPHR BC & Yukon opposes the operation of a vehicle (or engaging in other inherently dangerous activities) while impaired. The objective of this policy is to establish a protocol for the responsible consumption of alcohol at CPHR BC & Yukon events.
Conditions of Attendance
Members (and other guests) are invited to CPHR BC & Yukon events on the condition of their acceptance that they must:
- accept responsibility for their own alcohol consumption;
- moderate their intake of alcohol;
- co-operate with CPHR BC & YK’s efforts to ensure their safety.
CPHR BC & Yukon reserves the right to ban from future events any member (or other guests) who ignore, or fail to comply with, these conditions of attendance.
At all CPHR BC & Yukon events at which alcohol is served, CPHR BC & Yukon will make reasonable efforts to:
- remind the attendees of this policy and of their obligations as guests of CPHR BC & YK;
- provide a selection of non-alcoholic beverages as alternatives to alcoholic beverages;
- prevent an attendee who shows outward signs of impairment from continuing to consume alcohol;
- appoint a designated driver or provide alternate means of transportation to attendees who show outward signs of impairment;
- prevent an attendee who shows outward signs of impairment from leaving the event unaccompanied;
- document, immediately following the event, any actions which a CPHR BC & Yukon staff member or volunteer takes in response to dealing with an impaired event attendee.