CPHR BC & Yukon accepts proposals on an ongoing basis from qualified speakers interested in participating in our core professional development program. Proposals can be submitted through our submission form.
Conference speakers are managed separately from our Professional Development speakers and require a different application form. At this time, we are not accepting speaker proposals for our 2021 HR Conference & Expo, but if you are interested in submitting a proposal to be a speaker at the 2022 HR Conference & Expo in Vancouver, please leave your contact information. An email will be sent in June 2021 when the call for proposals opens.
Prior to submitting the online form for our core professional development program, speakers are encouraged to read each of the following sections:
CPHR BC & Yukon provides speakers with the opportunity to:
- Build their speaking and professional portfolio
- Submit articles for consideration to PeopleTalk
- Receive Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours
- Receive constructive feedback on their presentation content through our evaluation process
- Network with others in the HR community
- Engage in a collaborative learning experience in which both speakers and participants benefit
CPHR BC & Yukon requests that presenters donate their time and expertise. While CPHR BC & Yukon does not pay honoraria, the association does pay event costs and eligible speaker expenses for the professional development sessions.
Content That Works
Core program content focuses on skill and knowledge building that help grow the capabilities and impact of HR practitioners in BC. Content must be related to the nine functional areas of human resources as outlined in the CPHRTM Competency Framework.
Proposed content also:
- addresses a hot topic, current challenge or trend
- emphasizes the application of strategies and use of tools (i.e.: more tips than theory)
- uses case studies and real-world examples to illustrate how theory is applied
- engages the audience in discussion and Q&A’s
- considers the current state of the economy and of the labour market
Important: CPHR BC & Yukon has a strict policy that presenters not actively sell their products or services during learning events. Knowledgeable speakers who provide the audience with useable and relevant information will easily pique interest and be asked for further resources.
Submitting a Proposal
Please prepare the following required information – note that partially completed submissions cannot be saved in the online submission form.
- Title and overview (1,000 characters or about 180 words)
- Learning objectives (3-6 SMART objectives)
- Strategies and tools (3-6 tools or strategies participants will practice with or take away)
- Target audience description and level (emerging, mid-level, or senior)
- Preferred format/length (half-day or full-day workshop, 1.5-hour webinar, or other)
- RPC Alignment
- Speaker name(s), contact information and bio(s) (1,800 characters or about 280 words)
- Qualification summary(s) (including education, designations, awards, and publications)
- References (three references; must be able to attest to your expertise on the proposed topic and/or your presentation style and skills)
Preference will be given to members of CPHR BC & Yukon. Become a member!
When you have gathered your information, please proceed to the submission form.
Proposals are selected when:
- Proposal is completed in full (e.g.: RPC’s, key take-aways’, references)
- Topics are best match for programming (relevant, current, applicable)
- Speaker has strong credentials and reputation in area of expertise
- Past sessions are consistently well rated (where applicable)
- Sessions adds value to the human resources and business community; supports CPHR BC & Yukon’s vision, mission and mandate
Topics are determined yearly, based on the findings of a comprehensive province-wide learning needs assessment. Programming is thereafter scheduled quarterly.
- Proposal submissions are reviewed monthly
- Proposals are considered active for two years from the date of submission
- Only selected speaker proposals will be contacted for scheduling