The Fellow CPHRTM (FCPHR) is a prestigious title that aims to recognize the most exceptional CPHRTM holders in Canada who have made outstanding contributions to the human resources profession and their communities.
FCPHR Nominations are now being accepted. Deadline for nominations for the 2017 year is Friday, January 13th, 2017.
- Hold their CPHRTM designation
- Be a member in good standing of a CPHR Canada Provincial HR Association for a minimum of five years
- Members of the CPHR Canada Board of Directors, PSC, IBE and Provincial Boards are not eligible while serving their term and for an additional year following their term
- Have around 20 years of criteria-related experience
Eligible nominees for the Fellow CPHRTM title should have demonstrated leadership in at least three of the categories below:
- Strategic positioning of the Human Resources profession
- Advocacy on behalf of the HR profession to government policy makers
- Development, sharing and promotion of innovative HR ideas, policies and practices
- Service to local, provincial or national HR associations
- Service to the broader community/social responsibility
A CPHR BC & Yukon committee reviews each nomination. After analyzing eligibility and criteria, the committee will recommend selected nominees for the Fellow CPHRTM. This recommendation is reviewed by a Professional Standards Sub-Committee of CPHR Canada to ensure consistency in the application of national standards. CPHR Canada awards the designation to the most exceptional HR professionals who have made truly exemplary contributions to the profession.
The Fellow CPHRTM is not a competition in which nominations are measured against each other, but rather, it is a process by which each nomination is measured against the criteria in place. An unsuccessful nomination can be re-submitted in a subsequent year especially if the individual has added significantly more contributions along the five criteria identified for the award above.
Those awarded the Fellow CPHRTM title will use the abbreviation FCPHR after their names. Those awarded the Fellow CPHRTM designation will also be invited to attend the award celebration during the annual conference on Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 in Vancouver. FCPHR recipients will receive two complimentary tickets to attend the award celebration.
Interested in previous award recipients? Check out our Award Recipient Archive!