CPHR BC & Yukon life member status may be granted to a person who, in the unanimous opinion of the Board of Directors, has made an outstanding contribution to the human resources field or whose involvement with CPHR BC & Yukon has been particularly significant.
- Be a member of CPHR BC & Yukon or, if a non-member, must have been a member during the period of contribution.
- Have made a contribution that had a wide-reaching impact in the human resources and/or labour relations community over a significant period of time; or
- Have made a contribution that had a significant impact on the legislative framework of human resources and/or labour relations in BC; or
- Have made a contribution that resulted in significant strategic gains for CPHR BC & Yukon.
- Be available to attend the CPHR BC & Yukon annual conference on April 2nd or 3rd, 2019 in Vancouver, BC. Life member recipients will receive two complimentary tickets to attend the award celebration.
Please submit your nomination package to the awards manager if you wish to make a nomination. There is no form to complete for this award. Please submit a PDF document with the following supporting documentation:
- A letter of recommendation is to be submitted by a current CPHR BC & Yukon member in good standing
- The letter of recommendation is to include a summary of how the nominated member has met one or more of the above criteria;
- The nomination must be supported by three (3) letters of support from current CPHR BC & Yukon members in good standing.
- There is no form to complete for this award. Please submit a PDF document for the letter of recommendation. Nominations and letters should be submitted to the association, care of the awards manager before the deadline of December 31, 2018.
The Board of Directors will review the nomination and reach a final decision at least eight (8) weeks prior to the annual CPHR BC & Yukon conference.
Successful nominees will be honored at the annual CPHR BC & Yukon conference and profiled on the CPHR BC & Yukon website. Honorary life members are exempt from having to pay annual membership dues and will receive the following:
- Public recognition at CPHR BC & Yukon’s 2019 Conference during the awards celebration.
- Recognition in PeopleTalk Online.
- Honorary lifetime membership with CPHR BC & Yukon.
Interested in previous award recipients? Check out our Award Recipient Archive.
Please contact awards manager for more information regarding the awards program.