CPHR BC & Yukon is excited to offer the following pre-conference workshop at our 2018 event.
You may purchase this session as an add-on to your full conference registration or as an individual workshop if you are not attending the conference.
Please see our registration page for further pricing and information.
|Preparing to Lead: Critical Project Management Skills for the HR Executive
|DATE: Monday, April 30, 2018
TIME: 1:00pm – 4:30pm
TRACK: Pre-Conference Workshop
AUDIENCE LEVEL: Mid-Level
|DESCRIPTION: Every HR manager eventually faces it: One day it hits us that the activities we oversee have become so complex that ad-hoc planning no longer cuts it. Communication becomes a challenge. Deadlines get missed. The budget is more than expected and things seem out of control.
It’s time to get serious about planning – and that means Project Management. If you’ve never done formal Project Management, this program will show you what it’s about and how to get started. If you’ve dabbled in PM but aren’t sure you really “get” it, this program will show you how to do it RIGHT and realize its full potential for HR projects big or small.
End result: Using the skills acquired in this program, you will pull off the next project you oversee with efficiency you never thought possible.
This highly interactive session will give you in-depth step-by-step instructions on how to 1) Plan for Success, 2) Manage and Execute and 3) Deliver Results while 4) Meeting Budget.
Participants of this training will learn how to:
- Align your project to the company’s strategic objectives.
- Conduct comprehensive pre-planning to identify goals, deliverables and requirements.
- Create a detailed project plan that prevents costly miscommunication.
- Develop reliable time and cost estimates that fit within your organizations overall goals.
- Garner support across the organization to ensure success of new business initiatives.
- Build a powerful project management team by assessing each team member’s knowledge, personality, availability and previous experience.
- Create a flexible change management process to adapt as the scope is expanded.
- What to do when things go wrong and how to get back on track.
Valerie M. Grubb
is the Principal of Val Grubb & Associates Ltd. which she founded after holding a succession of senior leadership roles within major corporations including NBC Universal, Oxygen Media, IAC and Rolls-Royce. She is an innovative and visionary operations leader with an exceptional ability to zero in on the systems, processes, and human capital issues that can hamper a company’s growth. Valerie regularly consults for mid-range companies wishing to expand and larger companies seeking efficiencies in back-office operations. Her expertise and vibrant style are also in constant demand for coaching and training for senior leaders. Valerie Grubb’s first book, Planes, Canes, and Automobiles: Connecting with Your Aging Parents through Travel
(Greenleaf Book Group), chronicles her experiences traveling with her octogenarian Mom and her second book entitled Clash of the Generations: Managing in the New Workplace Reality
(Wiley) offers direction to new and seasoned managers on how to motivate and engage four generations in the office.