What’s New & Exciting at the HR Conference + Tradeshow 2019!
Every year, our team listens to attendee feedback, researches the latest trends and brainstorms new ways to make the HR Conference + Tradeshow memorable for attendees.
In addition to amazing speakers and networking opportunities, some of the exciting activities we have planned for this year are:
- Escape Room
- Nespresso Coffee Lounge
- Nail Polish Bar
- Virtual reality demo
- LinkedIn profile reviews
- Live music
- Professional portraits and photo booths
- Free chair massage
- Oxygen Bar
- UBC School of Kinesiology, Research and Health Demos (located in Tradeshow Wellness Lounge)
- Coat & Luggage Check
- Prizes including 2 WestJet tickets to anywhere in continental North America.
- Industry bookstore
- Interactive sessions such as the peer-lead HR Innovation Lab
- Smart Stage
- Out-Of-Towners Dinner
- 100 Booth HR Specific Tradeshow
Reasons To Attend The 2019 HR Conference + Tradeshow
- Gain advanced knowledge on HR topics, policies, trends and happenings from top industry experts
- Take away practicable ideas, solutions, tips, resources and tools which you’ll be able to introduce to your organization
- Learn practical skills that will help increase the effectiveness and efficiency of your organization
- An opportunity to network with 1,000+ HR Professionals – Networking with like-minded people is one of the best ways to solve problems
- Save time meeting with companies who are HR industry leaders in the fields of technology, recruiting, payroll, policy, workplace wellness and legal all in one place
- Develop yourself and stay engaged in your industry
Letter For Your Employer Template
We understand that for a lot of HR professionals the easiest way to bring up the topic of professional development opportunities is via email, memo or letter.
We’ve made it easy for you by putting together this letter template that will inform your employer about the HR Conference + Tradeshow and give them insight into how valuable your attendance will be to the organization.
Tips To Talk To Your Employer About The HR Conference + Tradeshow
Step 1: Review the schedule
Determine which sessions you want to attend (Workshop, Day 1 and Day 2) and what value they will add to your skills and how they will benefit your organization as whole. When reviewing the sessions you’ve selected with your employer, be specific about ‘why’ this is a good session for you, your team and the organization.
Step 2: Make sure to stress the value investing your development
The bottom line is, the more you know, the better it is for your organization. In an industry always in flux it’s imperative to stay up-to-date on current trends in HR. With emerging ideas, tools and resources to impact your business’ people and bottom line, staying current can minimize risk to your organization. Whether you are new to the field or a seasoned pro, you will walk away with a refreshed outlook that will benefit your organization. Your employer may be worried about the cost or even your time out of the office, but remind them it’s worth it in the long run.
Step 3: Review the tradeshow exhibitors list
The 100 booth tradeshow offers you the unique opportunity to visit with exhibitors to learn about the latest in HR business solutions, discover answers to on-the-job challenges and find the tools your organization has been looking for. Whether you have questions on recruiting software, rewards programs, policy or wellness strategies they’ll likely be various vendors to speak with to help your organization with their problems. And think of the time savings in meeting with all the vendors in one place, in one day!
Step 4: Complete the request letter
Sometimes your employer will need it in writing, or just prefers to receive your request in an email. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Use our letter template to request to attend the HR Conference + Tradeshow. You can customize it however you need to and we hope this letter gives you a good starting point to organize your thoughts and making sure you’re making the best case to attend the HR Conference + Tradeshow.
Step 5: Bring it across the finish line!
We guarantee that the learning you receive at the HR Conference + Tradeshow will be great! We know this because last year attendees gave the HR Conference + Tradeshow at average satisfaction rating of 92%. Let your employer know that you will commit to a post-conference briefing for staff, senior management or your team, where you’ll highlight what you’ve learned from the conference and tie what you’ve learned to your organizations long-term and short-term goals or strategic plan.